- University of Texas School of Law, 2007
- Rice University (Economics and Managerial Studies), 2003
LICENSES, AWARDS & INVOLVEMENT
- Admitted to Practice Law in Texas, 2007
- Texas Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
Kristen’s practice focuses on representing and counseling clients in business-related transactions and providing general counsel and transactional services.
Kristen has extensive experience with merger and acquisition transactions, forming and organizing new businesses, corporate governance, assisting businesses in day-to-day legal operations, and negotiating and drafting contracts, including purchase agreements, lease agreements, service agreements, confidentiality agreements, partnership and co-ownership agreements for individuals and private, public, and governmental entities. Prior to joining Elder Bray, Kristen’s practice focused on general civil defense and labor and employment litigation, where she defended claims for breach of contract, personal injury, deceptive trade practices, and wrongful termination, including discrimination and retaliation, and assisted clients in conducting internal investigations, drafting employment policies, procedures, waivers and releases, and responding to charges brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Business Counseling & General Services
- Family & Closely-Held Businesses
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Partnerships, Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Retail / Distribution / Manufacturing Services
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a public company in its $425M strategic acquisition of convenience stores and related fuel and food distribution businesses.
- Representation of an outdoor advertising operator in its sale of approximately 350 billboard face assets to a strategic buyer for approximately $38M.
- Advised a full service commercial real estate firm in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a public company.
- Counseled two related emerging growth pharmaceutical companies in the equity sale to a strategic buyer in Australia.
Partnerships, Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Representation of a Fortune 50 international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products in connection with its acquisition and development of pipelines and storage facilities, including various construction, operating, management, service, and other commercial agreements among the parties.
- Represented an emerging back-up electric supply company in the formation and organization of project finance transactions, including various EPC, operating and service arrangement to be provided by client.
Private Placement of Securities
- Counseled an emerging growth technology company through multiple rounds of preferred stock and bridge loan financings.
- Advised an emerging growth electricity reliability service company through multiple rounds of debt and equity financings.
Business Counseling & General Services
- Acted as outside counsel to organizations lacking in-house legal staff to provide general counseling and advice on strategic development and opportunities, ownership and management planning, succession and transition and other legal needs.
- Represented individuals and entities in connection with the formation, organization and financing of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Advised various clients in strategic commercial agreements including service, supply, manufacturing, and distribution agreements.
- Representation of various growth companies in the energy, technology, healthcare, life sciences, and real estate industries in the offering and sale of Preferred Shares, convertible notes and other securities.
- Counseled various high net worth individuals and private equity investors in connection with the evaluation and acquisition of securities of companies in various stages of development and operation.
Experienced counsel & exceptional service