- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors, Certificate in Tax Law, 2011
- University of Rochester, B.A., with highest distinction, 2007
LICENSES, AWARDS & INVOLVEMENT
- Texas (2021)
- Connecticut (2012)
- Massachusetts (2012)
Jake’s practice focuses on transactional, commercial real estate and general corporate matters.
Jake represents clients in M&A transactions, real estate transactions, loan transactions, equity offerings and general corporate matters. Prior to his corporate practice, Jake represented clients in commercial, employment and bankruptcy/creditors’ rights litigations. Jake began his legal career as law clerk to the Honorable Thomas P. Smith, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Connecticut, and thereafter, to the Honorable Charles S. Haight, Jr., United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York sitting by designation on the District of Connecticut. Before relocating to San Antonio, Jake was recognized by Connecticut Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate / Business Transactions
- Represented technology company in connection with its disclosure and scheduling obligations as part of the $2.5 billion sale of company and subsidiaries equity interests to a strategic buyer.
- Represented building material supplier in simultaneous sale of seven properties for $80 million.
- Represented technology company in $20 million syndicated financing.
- Advised family office in connection with its private placement investment activity.
- Represented metals recycler in sale of decommissioned vessel and extension of credit for purchase money.
Experienced counsel & exceptional service