- University of Houston Law Center, J. D., summa cum laude, 2006
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, B.S., Nursing, 2010
- Texas A&M University, B.S., Nutrition, 2003
LICENSES, AWARDS & INVOLVEMENTS
- Houston Law Review 2004-2006
- The Order of the Coif, University of Houston Law Center 2006
- Howard Parent Teacher Organization – Finance Committee 2018
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church – Community Ministry Leader 2016-2018
Allyson’s practice focuses on estate planning, probate, asset protection, transfer taxation, and philanthropic planning.
Allyson has extensive expertise in assisting clients plan for the future through the preparation of wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents. She also assists clients with implementing sophisticated asset protection planning techniques, including family limited partnerships, grantor-retained annuity trusts, and defective grantor trusts. She also has experience in the nonprofit sector and provides clients assistance on entity formation, governance, compliance, and tax matters for charitable entities. Prior to joining Elder Bray & Bankler PC, Allyson had a career in nursing and worked as a labor and delivery nurse and intensive-care-unit nurse.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Estate Planning
- Family and Closely-Held Businesses
- Prepare wills, trust agreements, and other estate planning and incapacity planning documents for individual clients.
- Assist corporate and individual executors in all areas of probate and estate administration, including preparation of federal estate tax returns.
- Represent clients in all areas of wealth transfer planning, including estate and gift tax planning, planning for succession of family owned businesses, and charitable planning.
- Assist clients in areas of asset protection, including the creation of limited partnerships and limited liability companies, marital agreements, and the creation of asset protection trusts.
- Prepare premarital and other property agreements.
Experienced counsel & exceptional service