- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Hillsdale College, B.A. (Economics), summa cum laude, 2006
LICENSES, AWARDS & INVOLVEMENTS
- Admitted to Practice Law in Texas, 2010
- Founding member and member of the board of directors – Exit Planning Exchange – San Antonio, 2017-present
- S.A. Scene, Rising Star
- S.A. Scene, San Antonio’s Best Lawyers – Business and Corporate
- UVA Law Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Editorial Board, 2008-2010
Jake provides representation and ongoing counsel to companies and their owners focusing on mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and other aspects of corporate and commercial law.
Jake has represented buyers and sellers in a variety of M&A transactions, including asset sales, stock/equity sales, carve-out dispositions, and mergers. He has also assisted clients with private placement offerings and private fund formation, joint ventures, commercial contract negotiation, entity choice and formation, reorganizations and other general business matters.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Commercial Contracts
- Entity Formation & Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Partnerships, Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Restructurings & Reorganizations
- Securities & Venture Capital Financing
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised a Fortune 500 media conglomerate in the sale-and-leaseback of approximately $400M of operating assets.
- Led a technology company in multiple strategic acquisitions and exit transactions ranging from $5M to $875M.
- Represented a global medical device company in a going-private transaction valued at approximately $6.3 billion in its acquisition by a private equity-led consortium.
- Represented a global medical device company in a carve out transaction valued at $275M involving the sale of a major division of the company to a strategic buyer. The sale included assets in over 30 jurisdictions worldwide.
- Counseled LNG module manufacturer in its $300M+ asset and equity sale to a Fortune 10 conglomerate, including the sale of 50% of the equity in an affiliated Chinese joint venture.
- Represented a bone and tissue allograft maker and distributor in a sale transaction to a publicly traded medical device company for approximately $50M.
- Led and coordinated two related emerging growth pharmaceutical companies in the equity sale to a strategic buyer in Australia. The transaction involved complex earn-out milestones valued at a combined $270M+ over nine years.
- Advised a Fortune 500 public company in its $425M strategic acquisition of convenience stores and related fuel and food distribution businesses.
- Guided an outdoor advertising operator in its sale of approximately 350 billboard face assets to a strategic buyer for approximately $38M.
Securities & Venture Capital Financing
- Represented a growth technology company in mid- and late-stage financings and the raising of over $100M in capital in multiple preferred financing rounds.
- Counseled an emerging growth technology company through multiple rounds of preferred stock and bridge loan financings.
- Advised a real estate investment sponsor in both single purpose and fund partnership formations.
Business Counseling & General Services
- Assisted Fortune 500 media conglomerate with procurement and information technology commercial contract review and negotiations.
- Represent clients with strategic investments in commercial partners.
- Work with business owners to create ownership succession and transfer plans.
Experienced counsel & exceptional service