- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2007
LICENSES, AWARDS & INVOLVEMENTS
- Texas (2014)
- District of Columbia (2013)
- Maryland (2012)
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Member of The Catholic University Law Review
- Notre Dame Dean’s List
- Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- Alumni Admission Representative for Phillips Academy Andover
- CYO youth sports coach
Matt’s practice focuses on transactional, regulatory and general corporate matters.
Matt has extensive experience in various types of commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, entity formations and equity offerings. He regularly counsels clients on high value service, procurement and distribution agreements, real estate matters and transactions within the oil and gas industry.
Prior to joining Elder Bray, Matt practiced in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, and served in the legal department of the United States House of Representatives Committee on House Administration. A graduate of Notre Dame, Matt lettered in varsity football and spent a semester studying in London, England where he worked in the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Corporate / Business Transactions
- Commercial Contracts
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil, Gas & Energy
- Partnerships, Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Retail / Distribution / Manufacturing Services
- Telecommunications / Media Technology
- Represented a Fortune 500 company as its outside counsel in the successful negotiation of numerous high value procurement transactions.
- Assisted a leading international media and entertainment company in its sale-leaseback transaction of tower properties.
- Counseled a prominent international aerospace company in multiple aircraft acquisitions.
- Represented a regional service company in the successful negotiation of a high value service provider agreement with the City of San Antonio.
- Advised an emerging growth electricity reliability service company in its negotiation of various service relationships.
- Represented an investor in the successful real estate exchange between the State of Texas and the investor.
- Representation of a leading international telecommunications company in its equity investments in multiple new ventures.
- Counseled multiple real property owners in oil and gas matters including the negotiation of pipeline and utility easements, and surface use agreements.
Experienced counsel & exceptional service