- University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctorate, with Honors, 2008
- Texas A&M University, BBA, 2005
LICENSES, AWARDS & INVOLVEMENTS
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star – Estate Planning and Probate Law 2018
- San Antonio Estate Planners Council – Past President 2016-2017
- San Antonio Estate Planners Council – Board of Governors 2013-2018
- San Antonio Sports – Board of Directors 2013-2015
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Scene in SA “San Antonio Rising Stars” 2014
Tyler’s practice focuses on estate planning for high net worth individuals and families. He has experience with complex issues related to closely held and family-owned ownership, business succession and transition, and estate administration and probate.
Tyler assists clients in planning and implementing sophisticated estate plans, including the preparation of tax-planned wills, defective grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and family limited partnerships. A significant part of Tyler’s practice is assisting families implement their goals with an emphasis on practical solutions that will last for many generations. This involves listening to his clients’ goals and creating a structure that adheres to their values. Additionally, Tyler assists financial institutions and charities in the administration of estates and trusts along with related issues.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Estate Planning
- Family & Closely-Held Businesses
- Prepares wills, trust agreements and other estate planning and incapacity planning documents for individual clients.
- Counsels clients in all areas of wealth transfer planning, including estate and gift tax planning, planning for succession of family owned businesses, and charitable planning.
- Advises clients regarding asset protection issues, including the creation of limited partnerships and limited liability companies, marital agreements, and the creation of asset protection trusts.
- Represents corporate and individual executors in all areas of probate and estate administration, including preparation of federal estate tax returns.
- Prepares premarital and other property agreements.
- Assists clients with formation of private foundations and subsequent administration.
Experienced counsel & exceptional service